Terms Used In Indiana Code 35-48-4-14
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
(A) manufactures; or
(B) finances the manufacture of;
a controlled substance not authorized by the person’s registration or distributes or dispenses a controlled substance not authorized by the person’s registration to another registrant or other authorized person;
(3) recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally fails to make, keep, or furnish a record, a notification, an order form, a statement, an invoice, or information required under this article; or
(4) recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally refuses entry into any premises for an inspection authorized by this article;
commits a Level 6 felony.
(b) A person who knowingly or intentionally:
(1) distributes as a registrant a controlled substance classified in schedule I or II, except under an order form as required by IC 35-48-3;
(2) uses in the course of the:
(A) manufacture of;
(B) the financing of the manufacture of; or
(C) distribution of;
a controlled substance a federal or state registration number that is fictitious, revoked, suspended, or issued to another person;
(3) furnishes false or fraudulent material information in, or omits any material information from, an application, report, or other document required to be kept or filed under this article; or
(4) makes, distributes, or possesses a punch, die, plate, stone, or other thing designed to print, imprint, or reproduce the trademark, trade name, or other identifying mark, imprint, or device of another or a likeness of any of the foregoing on a drug or container or labeling thereof so as to render the drug a counterfeit substance;
commits a Level 6 felony.
(c) A person who knowingly or intentionally acquires possession of a controlled substance by misrepresentation, fraud, forgery, deception, subterfuge, alteration of a prescription order, concealment of a material fact, or use of a false name or false address commits a Level 6 felony. However, the offense is a Level 5 felony if the person has a prior conviction of an offense under this subsection.
(d) A person who knowingly or intentionally affixes any false or forged label to a package or receptacle containing a controlled substance commits a Level 6 felony. However, the offense is a Level 5 felony if the person has a prior conviction of an offense under this subsection. This subsection does not apply to law enforcement agencies or their representatives while engaged in enforcing IC 16-42-19 or this chapter (or IC 16-6-8 before its repeal).
(e) A person who duplicates, reproduces, or prints any prescription pads or forms without the prior written consent of a practitioner commits a Level 6 felony. However, the offense is a Level 5 felony if the person has a prior conviction of an offense under this subsection. This subsection does not apply to the printing of prescription pads or forms upon a written, signed order placed by a practitioner or pharmacist, by legitimate printing companies.
As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.7. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.109; P.L.131-1986, SEC.3; P.L.165-1990, SEC.14; P.L.2-1993, SEC.193; P.L.158-2013, SEC.642.