(1) controlled substance or controlled substance analog (pure or adulterated), classified in schedule I, except marijuana, hashish, or salvia; or
Terms Used In Indiana Code 35-48-4-7
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
commits possession of a controlled substance, a Class A misdemeanor, except as provided in subsection (b).
(b) The offense is a Level 6 felony if the person commits the offense and an enhancing circumstance applies.
(c) A person who, without a valid prescription or order of a practitioner acting in the course of the practitioner’s professional practice, knowingly or intentionally obtains:
(1) more than four (4) ounces of schedule V controlled substances containing codeine in any given forty-eight (48) hour period unless pursuant to a prescription;
(2) a schedule V controlled substance pursuant to written or verbal misrepresentation; or
(3) possession of a schedule V controlled substance other than by means of a prescription or by means of signing an exempt narcotic register maintained by a pharmacy licensed by the Indiana state board of pharmacy;
commits a Class A misdemeanor.
As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.7. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.102; P.L.138-1983, SEC.4; P.L.327-1985, SEC.4; P.L.296-1987, SEC.10; P.L.296-1995, SEC.8; P.L.65-1996, SEC.16; P.L.17-2001, SEC.25; P.L.138-2011, SEC.14; P.L.182-2011, SEC.14; P.L.158-2013, SEC.633; P.L.80-2019, SEC.28; P.L.61-2020, SEC.10.