(1) The board of commissioners, for a county that does not have a consolidated city.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 36-1-2-5
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(3) The mayor, for a city.
(4) The president of the town council, for a town.
(5) The trustee, for a township.
(6) The superintendent, for a school corporation.
(7) The chief executive officer, for any other political subdivision.
[Pre-Local Government Recodification Citation: 18-5-1.5-2(c).]
As added by Acts 1980, P.L.211, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.8-1989, SEC.93; P.L.77-2014, SEC.9; P.L.278-2019, SEC.178.