(1) The state.
(2) All political subdivisions.
(3) All state agencies.
(4) Any of the following created by state law:
(A) Public instrumentalities.
(B) Public corporate bodies.
(5) Another state to the extent authorized by the law of that state.
(6) Political subdivisions of states other than Indiana, to the extent authorized by laws of the other states.
(7) Agencies of the federal government, to the extent authorized by federal laws.
(8) Indiana charter schools.
(9) A federally recognized Indian tribe, to the extent authorized by the law of the tribe.
[Pre-Local Government Recodification Citations: 17-4-18-3 part; 17-4-18-4 part; 18-5-1-3; 18-5-1-4(a) part; 18-5-1.5-2(a); 18-5-2-1 part; 19-5-25-1 part.]
As added by Acts 1980, P.L.211, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.5-1993, SEC.336; P.L.221-2007, SEC.24; P.L.38-2014, SEC.11; P.L.108-2019, SEC.244.