|Chapter 1||Regulation of Engineers; Creation of Board|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 31 - Professional Engineers
- Approved engineering curriculum: means an engineering curriculum of four (4) years or more that has been approved by the board. See Indiana Code 25-31-1-2
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Board: means the state board of registration for professional engineers. See Indiana Code 25-31-1-2
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Engineering intern: means an individual who:
Indiana Code 25-31-1-2
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Licensing agency: means the Indiana professional licensing agency established by IC 25-1-5-3. See Indiana Code 25-31-1-2
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Practice of engineering: means any service or creative work that the adequate performance of requires engineering education, training, and experience in the application of special knowledge of the mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences to services or creative work that includes the following:
Indiana Code 25-31-1-2
- Practice or offer to practice engineering: means the act of an individual or a business who by verbal claim, sign, advertisement, letterhead, card, telephone listing, or in any other way represents the individual or the business to be a professional engineer or who performs, or offers to perform, any acts or work involving the practice of engineering. See Indiana Code 25-31-1-2
- Professional engineer: means an individual who, by reason of that individual's special knowledge of the mathematical and physical sciences and the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design which are acquired by education and practical experience, is qualified to engage in the practice of engineering as attested by that individual's registration as a professional engineer. See Indiana Code 25-31-1-2
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5