Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 31 > Article 36 > Chapter 3
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- minor: means a person less than eighteen (18) years of age. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- services or items: includes food, clothing, personal hygiene products, health care, and counseling. See Indiana Code 31-36-3-1
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5