Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 32 > Article 31 > Chapter 9
- applicable offense: refers to any of the following:
Indiana Code 32-31-9-3
- applicant: means an individual who applies to a landlord to enter into a lease of a dwelling unit. See Indiana Code 32-31-9-4
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- dwelling unit: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 32-31-9-5
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- perpetrator: means an individual who:
Indiana Code 32-31-9-6
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- protected individual: means a tenant or applicant:
Indiana Code 32-31-9-7