Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 36 > Article 5 > Chapter 6
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5