The requirements of sections 124B.2 through 124B.5 do not apply to any of the following:
1. A licensed pharmacist or other person authorized under chapter 155A to sell or furnish a precursor substance upon the prescription of a practitioner.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 124B.6
- Board: means the board of pharmacy. See Iowa Code 124B.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Practitioner: means a practitioner as defined in section 155A. See Iowa Code 124B.1
- Precursor substance: means a substance which may be used as a precursor in the illegal production of a controlled substance and is specified under section 124B. See Iowa Code 124B.1
- Vendor: means a person who manufactures, wholesales, retails, or otherwise sells, transfers, or furnishes in this state a precursor substance. See Iowa Code 124B.1
2. A practitioner who administers or furnishes a precursor substance to a patient.
3. A vendor who holds a permit issued by the board and who sells, transfers, or otherwise furnishes a precursor substance to a practitioner or a pharmacy as defined in section 155A.3.
4. A sale, transfer, furnishing, or receipt of a drug containing ephedrine, phenylpropanolamine, or pseudoephedrine or of a cosmetic containing a precursor substance if the drug or cosmetic is lawfully sold, transferred, or furnished over the counter without a prescription in accordance with chapter 126.