1. A person who sells, transfers, or otherwise furnishes a precursor substance with knowledge or the intent that the recipient will use the precursor substance to unlawfully manufacture a controlled substance commits a class “C” felony.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 124B.9
- Controlled substance: means a controlled substance as defined in section 124. See Iowa Code 124B.1
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Precursor substance: means a substance which may be used as a precursor in the illegal production of a controlled substance and is specified under section 124B. See Iowa Code 124B.1
- Recipient: means a person in this state who purchases, transfers, or otherwise receives a precursor substance. See Iowa Code 124B.1
2. A person who receives a precursor substance with the intent that the substance be used unlawfully to manufacture a controlled substance commits a class “C” felony.