Section 148.1 shall not be construed to include the following classes of persons:
1. Persons who advertise or sell patent or proprietary medicines.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 148.2
- board: means the board of medicine established in chapter 147. See Iowa Code 148.2A
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- United States: includes all the states. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Persons who advertise, sell, or prescribe natural mineral waters flowing from wells or springs.
3. Students of medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery who have completed at least two years’ study in a medical school or a college of osteopathic medicine and surgery, approved by the board, and who prescribe medicine under the supervision of a licensed physician and surgeon or licensed osteopathic physician and surgeon, or who render gratuitous service to persons in case of emergency.
4. Licensed podiatric physicians, chiropractors, physical therapists, nurses, dentists, optometrists, and pharmacists who are exclusively engaged in the practice of their respective professions.
5. Physicians and surgeons or osteopathic physicians and surgeons of the United States army, navy, air force, marines, public health service, or other uniformed service when acting in the line of duty in this state, and holding a current, active permanent license in good standing in another state, district, or territory of the United States, or physicians and surgeons or osteopathic physicians and surgeons licensed in another state, when incidentally called into this state in consultation with a physician and surgeon or osteopathic physician and surgeon licensed in this state.