Terms Used In Texas Occupations Code 169.001
In this chapter:
(1) “Department” means the Department of Public Safety.
(1-a) “Incurable neurodegenerative disease” means a disease designated as an incurable neurodegenerative disease by rule of the executive commissioner of the Health and Human Services Commission, adopted in consultation with the National Institutes of Health.
(2) Repealed by Acts 2019, 86th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1300 (H.B. 3703), Sec. 3, eff. June 14, 2019.
(3) “Low-THC cannabis” means the plant Cannabis sativa L., and any part of that plant or any compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, preparation, resin, or oil of that plant that contains not more than one percent by weight of tetrahydrocannabinols.
(4) “Medical use” means the ingestion by a means of administration other than by smoking of a prescribed amount of low-THC cannabis by a person for whom low-THC cannabis is prescribed under this chapter.
(5) “Smoking” means burning or igniting a substance and inhaling the smoke.
(6) Repealed by Acts 2021, 87th Leg., R.S., Ch. 660 (H.B. 1535), Sec. 5, eff. September 1, 2021.