The board shall appoint a secretary who shall serve at the pleasure of the board. The secretary shall do all of the following:
1. Administer the policies set by the board.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 173.9
- Board: means the Iowa state fair board as provided in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- Convention: means the convention held each year, to elect members of the state fair board and conduct other business of the board, as provided in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Employ other employees and agents as the secretary deems necessary for carrying out the policies of the board and to conduct the affairs of the state fair. The secretary may fix the duties and compensation of any employees or agents with the approval of the board.
3. Keep a complete record of the annual convention and of all meetings of the board.
4. Draw all warrants on the treasurer of the board and keep a correct account of them.
5. Perform other duties as the board directs.