This chapter does not apply to the following:
1. A person licensed to practice architecture pursuant to the laws of this state.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 544C.12
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Registered interior designer: means a person registered under this chapter. See Iowa Code 544C.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. A person licensed as a professional engineer pursuant to the laws of this state.
3. A person who performs the following services: selling, selecting, or assisting in selecting personal property used in connection with furnishings of interior spaces or fixtures such as, but not limited to, furnishings, decorative accessories, furniture, paint, wall coverings, window treatments, floor coverings, cabinets, countertops, surface-mounted lighting, or decorative materials for a retail sale; or installing or coordinating installations as a part of the prospective retail sale, or providing computer-aided or other drawings for the purpose of retail sale if the drawings are used for material listed for retail sale; and who does not represent that the person is a registered interior designer.