For a period of two years from July 1, 2005, the board may issue a certificate as a registered interior designer to a person residing in Iowa who does not meet the examination requirements specified in section 544C.5, if the person submits evidence to the board demonstrating both of the following:
1. A minimum of two years of interior design education and a combined total of six years of interior design education and experience that is acceptable to the board.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 544C.13
- Board: means the interior design examining board established pursuant to this chapter. See Iowa Code 544C.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Interior design: means the design of interior spaces including the preparation of documents relating to space planning, finish materials, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment, and the preparation of documents relating to interior construction that does not affect the mechanical or structural systems of a building. See Iowa Code 544C.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Registered interior designer: means a person registered under this chapter. See Iowa Code 544C.1
2. Successful completion of section 1 of the national council for interior design qualification examination relating to life safety codes and barrier-free requirements.