1. The duties of the board shall include, but are not limited to, all of the following:
a. Administering and enforcing this chapter.
b. Establishing requirements for the examination, education, and practical training of applicants for registration.
c. Holding meetings each year for the purpose of transacting business pertaining to the affairs of the board. Action at a meeting shall not be taken without the affirmative votes of a majority of members of the board.
d. Adopting rules under chapter 17A necessary for the proper performance of its duties. The rules shall include provisions addressing conflicts of interest and full disclosure, including sources of compensation.
e. Establishing fees for registration as a registered interior designer, renewal of registration, reinstatement of registration, and for other activities of the board pertaining to its duties. The fees shall be sufficient to defray the costs of administering this chapter, and shall be deposited in the general fund of the state.
f. Maintaining records, which are open to public inspection at all reasonable times, of its proceedings relating to the issuance, refusal, renewal, suspension, and revocation of registration. The records shall also contain a roster indicating the name, place of business and residence, and the date and registration number of every registrant.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 544C.3
- Board: means the interior design examining board established pursuant to this chapter. See Iowa Code 544C.1
- Bureau: means the professional licensing and regulation bureau of the banking division of the department of commerce. See Iowa Code 544C.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Registered interior designer: means a person registered under this chapter. See Iowa Code 544C.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The administrator of the bureau shall provide staff to assist the board in the implementation of this chapter.