The board may also grant registration by reciprocity. An applicant applying to the board for registration by reciprocity shall furnish satisfactory evidence that the applicant meets both of the following requirements:
1. Holds a valid registration or license issued by another registration authority recognized by the board, where the qualifications for registration or licensure were substantially equivalent to those prescribed in this state on the date of original registration or licensure with the other registration authority.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 544C.6
- Board: means the interior design examining board established pursuant to this chapter. See Iowa Code 544C.1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Interior design: means the design of interior spaces including the preparation of documents relating to space planning, finish materials, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment, and the preparation of documents relating to interior construction that does not affect the mechanical or structural systems of a building. See Iowa Code 544C.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Holds a current certificate number issued by the national council for interior design qualification.