Terms Used In Iowa Code 710A.4
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Labor: means work of economic or financial value. See Iowa Code 710A.1
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Services: means an ongoing relationship between a person and the actor in which the person performs activities under the supervision of or for the benefit of the actor, including commercial sexual activity and sexually explicit performances. See Iowa Code 710A.1
- Victim: means a person subjected to human trafficking. See Iowa Code 710A.1
The gross income of the defendant or the value of labor or services performed by the victim to the defendant shall be considered when determining the amount of restitution.