Terms Used In Iowa Code 81.7
- DNA: means deoxyribonucleic acid. See Iowa Code 81.1
- DNA database: means the collection of DNA profiles and DNA records. See Iowa Code 81.1
- DNA profile: means the objective form of the results of DNA analysis performed on a DNA sample. See Iowa Code 81.1
- DNA sample: means a biological sample provided by any person required to submit a DNA sample or a DNA sample submitted for any other purpose under section 81. See Iowa Code 81.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
The detention, arrest, or conviction of a person based upon a DNA database match is not invalidated if it is determined that the DNA sample or DNA profile was obtained or placed into the DNA database by mistake or error.