Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 75-3707
In general, but not by way of limitation, the department of administration shall have and exercise administrative functions of the state, in the manner as provided by law, in relation to:
(1) Developing financial policies and plans for consideration by the governor and incoming governor as the basis for the budget and recommendations to the legislature, and preparing the detailed documents in accordance with such financial plans for presentation to the legislature.
(2) Coordinating and supervising the fiscal affairs and fiscal procedures of the state to insure the carrying into effect of the definite financial policies and plans approved by the legislature.
(3) Accounting, including budgetary accounting, and accounting control of the incurring of obligations.
(4) Fiscal reporting.
(5) Preauditing of claims, commitments, disbursements, receipts and receivables.
(6) Special investigations upon request of the governor or the finance council.
(8) Storekeeping and control of stores.
(9) Installing and maintaining records of state property and establishing accountability for property of state agencies.
(10) Keeping accounts concerning receivables.
(11) Issuing warrants on the state treasurer for all claims to be paid out of the state treasury.
(12) Developing plans for improvements and economies in organization and operation of the several state agencies and installing such plans as are approved by the respective heads of such agencies or as directed by law or by the governor with the approval of the finance council.
(13) Personnel matters as to (a) recruitment, (b) working conditions, (c) terms of employment, (d) vacations, (e) sick and other leaves, (f) tenure and termination of employment, (g) pay scales, and (h) determining when and if salary ranges assigned to classified positions shall be changed so as to either increase or decrease the cost of such employment.