Terms Used In Kansas Statutes > Chapter 59 > Article 33 - Informal Administration Act
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Probate: Proving a will
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Residence: means the place which is adopted by a person as the person's place of habitation and to which, whenever the person is absent, the person has the intention of returning. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.