Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 33-24 – Small Estates
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 33-24-1||Voluntary informal administration of small estates|
|§ 33-24-2||Administration of small estates where executor named in will – Voluntary executors|
Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 33-24 - Small Estates
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- in writing: include printing, engraving, lithographing, and photo-lithographing, and all other representations of words in letters of the usual form. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-16
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Probate: Proving a will
- town: may be construed to include city; the words "town council" include city council; the words "town clerk" include city clerk; the words "ward clerk" include clerk of election district; the words "town treasurer" include city treasurer; and the words "town sergeant" include city sergeant. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-9