Terms Used In Kansas Statutes > Chapter 60 > Article 36
- Athletic official: means a person who administers the rules of a game or sport; and
(b) "officiating" means a discretionary act or judgment by an athletic official arising out of and in the course of the game or contest. See Kansas Statutes 60-3606
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.