Terms Used In Kentucky Statutes > Chapter 310 - Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Action: includes all proceedings in any court of this state. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Board: means the Kentucky Board of Licensure and Certification for Dietitians and Nutritionists. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Certificate: means a certificate issued by the board. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Certified nutritionist: means a person certified by the board and qualified pursuant to the criteria as established in KRS 310. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Commission on Dietetic Registration: means the commission established by the
American Dietetic Association for review and registration for registered dietitians. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Federal: refers to the United States. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- License: means a license issued by the board. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Licensed dietitian: means a person licensed by the board and qualified pursuant to
the criteria as established in KRS 310. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Nutrition assessment: includes recommending appropriate nutrition intake, including enteral and parenteral nutrition. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Nutrition care services: means :
(a) Assessing the nutrition needs of individuals and groups, and determining resources and constraints in the practice setting. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Nutrition counseling: means advising and assisting individuals or groups on appropriate nutrition intake as components of preventive, curative, and restorative health care by integrating information about the nutrition assessment with information on food and other sources of nutrients and meal preparation consistent with cultural background and socioeconomic status. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Nutritionist: means a health care professional practicing nutrition and certified pursuant to KRS 310. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Practice of dietetics or nutrition: means the integration and application of scientific principles of food, nutrition, biochemistry, physiology, and management, and the behavioral and social sciences in achieving and maintaining the health of people through the life cycle and in the treatment of disease. See Kentucky Statutes 310.005
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes territories, outlying possessions, and the District of Columbia. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Treatment: when used in a criminal justice context, means targeted interventions that focus on criminal risk factors in order to reduce the likelihood of criminal behavior. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Year: means calendar year. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010