Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:3303 – A. In addition to the powers and authority established by R.S. 37:1270, the board shall:
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:3303
- Board: means the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:3302
- person: includes a body of persons, whether incorporated or not. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 1:10
- Probate: Proving a will
A. In addition to the powers and authority established by La. Rev. Stat. 37:1270, the board shall:
(1) Keep a record of its proceedings regarding the regulation and licensure of athletic trainers.
(2) Keep a complete roster of all licensed athletic trainers and make a copy of the roster available to any person requesting it on payment of a fee established by the board as sufficient to cover the costs of the roster.
(3) License athletic trainers in a manner consistent with the provisions of this Chapter.
(4) Adopt rules and regulations necessary for the performance of its duties.
(5) Prescribe application forms for licensure.
(6) Establish guidelines for athletic trainers in the state.
(7) Approve, deny, revoke, suspend, probate, and renew licensure of a duly qualified applicant.
(8) Conduct administrative hearings on the denial, suspension, revocation, or refusal to issue or renew a license.
B. The board shall require continuing education units to maintain licensure.
C. The board shall, pursuant to the authority granted in La. Rev. Stat. 37:1281(A)(2), establish and collect fees in accordance with its rules for the purposes of carrying out the provisions of this Chapter.
D. The fees collected pursuant to the provisions of this Chapter shall be deposited in the treasury of the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
E. A statewide advisory committee established by the board in carrying out its duties pursuant to this Chapter may conduct and its members may attend and participate in a meeting via electronic means in accordance with La. Rev. Stat. 42:17.3.
Acts 1985, No. 288, §1; Acts 2014, No. 418, §1; Acts 2022, No. 408, §1.