Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1365
- Access area: means an outdoor area which is in the control of an operator and which is within a fifty-foot radius of an access facility. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Access facility: means an automated teller machine or a night depository. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Control: means to have actual authority to direct the circumstances of use of an access area or access facility, including its maintenance, lighting, and landscaping. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Hours of darkness: means the period that commences thirty minutes after sunset and ends thirty minutes before sunrise. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Operator: means a state or national bank, savings association, credit union, industrial loans company, mutual savings bank, or other business entity that controls an access facility or access area. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
The operator of an access facility shall provide lighting during hours of darkness in an access area in his control by meeting both of the following standards during such hours:
(1) There shall be a minimum of ten footcandles at the face of the access facility and extending in an unobstructed direction outward five feet.
(2) There shall be an average of two footcandles within the access area.
Acts 1995, No. 588, §1, eff. July 1, 1996.