Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1366
- Access area: means an outdoor area which is in the control of an operator and which is within a fifty-foot radius of an access facility. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Access facility: means an automated teller machine or a night depository. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Control: means to have actual authority to direct the circumstances of use of an access area or access facility, including its maintenance, lighting, and landscaping. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
- Operator: means a state or national bank, savings association, credit union, industrial loans company, mutual savings bank, or other business entity that controls an access facility or access area. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 6:1363
The operator of an access facility shall provide in an access area in his control for landscaping which promotes reasonable visibility of persons within such area by meeting each of the following standards:
(1) No bushes or shrubbery exceeding one foot in height shall be planted within a fifteen-foot radius of the access facility.
(2) Bushes and shrubbery outside the fifteen foot radius shall be maintained in a manner which promotes reasonable visibility of persons within the access area.
(3) Trees within the access area shall be trimmed upward to a minimum of six feet.
Acts 1995, No. 588, §1, eff. July 1, 1996.