Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 3 > Chapter 1
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Applicant: means a person or place of business that makes a formal application for a license, permit, certification, registration, or certificate issued pursuant to this Title. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Commissioner: means the Louisiana commissioner of agriculture and forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:4423
- Commissioner: means the Louisiana Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture and Forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Encumbrance: means any lien, privilege, judgment, mortgage, pledge, pawn, claim, charge, or any other encumbrance of like nature. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Forest products: include the following:
(a) Products that are derived from woody biomass. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:4423
- Incentives: means any tax exemption, tax credit, tax exclusion, tax deduction, rebate, investment, contract, or grant made available by the state to directly support the purchase of forestry products. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:4423
- Life Insurance Company: means an insurance company engaged in the business of issuing life insurance and annuity contracts (including contracts of combined life, health, and accident insurance), the reserve funds of which held for the fulfillment of such contracts comprise more than fifty per centum (50%) of its total reserve funds. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:221
- member of the fire department: as used in this Part is defined as an employee of the Fire Department of the City of Alexandria who has been regularly appointed and confirmed as such. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3113
- Person: means an individual or any legal or commercial entity, including a corporation, business trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, or joint venture. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Place of business: means a permanent location or a portion of a permanent location from which business, in a regulated profession or occupation, is transacted. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Taxable year: includes , in the case of a return made for a fractional part of a year under the provisions of this Chapter or under regulations prescribed by the collector, the period for which return is made. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:98