Except as otherwise provided in this section, a license or any interest in a license may not be sold, transferred, assigned or otherwise subjected to control by any person other than the licensee. If the business or any interest in the business connected with a licensed activity is sold, transferred or assigned, the license holder shall send immediately to the department the license and a sworn statement showing the name and address of the purchaser. [1995, c. 470, §9 (NEW); 1995, c. 470, §19 (AFF).]
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1553
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Department: means the Department of Health and Human Services. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1-A
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Grace period: The number of days you'll have to pay your bill for purchases in full without triggering a finance charge. Source: Federal Reserve
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Municipality: includes cities, towns and plantations, except that "municipality" does not include plantations in Title 10, chapter 110, subchapter IV; or Title 30-A, Part 2. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, partnership or unincorporated association. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1551
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225