1. For the purpose of providing the services described in this section, each agency shall have the following responsibilities and powers:
(1) To submit to the state library electronically each publication created by the agency in a manner consistent with the state’s enterprise architecture;
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 181.110
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(2) For those publications which the agency determines shall be printed and published in paper, to supply the number of copies for participating libraries as determined by the secretary of state;
(3) To assign a designee as a contact for the state publications access program and forward this information to the secretary of state annually.
2. For the purpose of providing the services described in this section, the secretary of state shall have the following responsibilities:
(1) Through the state library, to provide a secure electronic repository of state publications. Access to the state publications in the repository shall be provided through multiple methods of access, including the statewide online library catalog and a publicly accessible electronic network;
(2) To set by administrative rule the electronic formats acceptable for submission of publications to the electronic repository;
3. For the purpose of providing the services described in this section, the state library shall have the following responsibilities, all to be performed in a manner consistent with e-government:
(1) To administer the electronic repository of state publications for access by the citizens of Missouri, and receive and distribute publications in other formats, which will be housed and made available to the public by the participating libraries;
(2) To ensure the organization and classification of state publications regardless of formats and the distribution of materials in additional formats to participating libraries;
(3) To publish regularly a list of all publications of the agencies, regardless of format.
4. All responsibilities and powers set out in this section shall be carried out consistent with the provisions of section 161.935.
5. Any rule or portion of a rule, as that term is defined in section 536.010, that is created under the authority delegated in this chapter shall become effective only if it complies with and is subject to all of the provisions of chapter 536 and, if applicable, section 536.028. This section and chapter 536 are nonseverable and if any of the powers vested with the general assembly pursuant to chapter 536 to review, to delay the effective date, or to disapprove and annul a rule are subsequently held unconstitutional, then the grant of rulemaking authority and any rule proposed or adopted after August 28, 2004, shall be invalid and void.