1. A person commits the offense of using a laser pointer if such person knowingly directs a light from a laser pointer at a uniformed safety officer, including a peace officer as defined under section 590.010, security guard, firefighter, emergency medical worker, or other uniformed municipal, state, or federal officer.
2. As used in this section, “laser pointer” means a device that emits a visible light amplified by the stimulated emission of radiation.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 574.110
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
3. The offense of using a laser pointer is a class A misdemeanor.