1. A person commits the offense of agroterrorism if such person purposely spreads any type of contagious, communicable or infectious disease among crops, poultry, livestock as defined in section 267.565, or other animals.
2. Agroterrorism is a class E felony unless the damage to crops, poultry, livestock or animals is ten million dollars or more in which case it is a class B felony.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 574.130
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
3. It shall be a defense to the crime of agroterrorism if such spreading is consistent with medically recognized therapeutic procedures or done in the course of legitimate, professional scientific research.