Terms Used In New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 5 > Article 16
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.