Terms Used In New York Laws > Social Services > Article 10-A
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Domestic violence: shall mean any crime or violation, as defined in the penal law, which has been alleged to have been committed by any family or household member against any member of the same family or household. See N.Y. Social Services Law 481-C
- Family or household members: shall mean persons related by consanguinity or affinity or unrelated persons who are continually or at regular intervals living or in the past continually or at regular intervals lived in the same household, including victims and persons accused of having committed acts of domestic violence. See N.Y. Social Services Law 481-C
- Family violence: shall mean any act which would constitute domestic violence as defined in subdivision one of this section or any act which would constitute child abuse and maltreatment as defined in subdivision three of this section. See N.Y. Social Services Law 481-C
- Minority leader: See Floor Leaders
- Primary prevention: shall mean strengthening family functioning to insure that family violence never takes place or is less likely to occur. See N.Y. Social Services Law 481-C
- Secondary prevention: shall mean addressing the early signs of family violence or risk of family violence through treatment of presenting problems to prevent further problems from developing. See N.Y. Social Services Law 481-C