|Article 22||Accidents and Accident Reports||600 – 606|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Vehicle and Traffic > Title 6 - Accidents and Accident Reports
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Dower: A widow
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Judgement: The official decision of a court finally determining the respective rights and claims of the parties to a suit.
- Mortgage loan: A loan made by a lender to a borrower for the financing of real property. Source: OCC
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Probate: Proving a will