Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 44 > Article 9B
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- property: shall include all property, both real and personal. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.