|§ 66-13-101||Lien on business property|
|§ 66-13-103||Priority over other liens|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 66 > Chapter 13
- Controlled substance: means a drug, substance, or immediate precursor in Schedules I through VII of §§. See Tennessee Code 39-17-402
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Distribute: means to deliver other than by administering or dispensing a controlled substance. See Tennessee Code 39-17-402
- Drug: means :
(A) Substances recognized as drugs in the United States Pharmacopoeia, official Homeopaths Pharmacopoeia of the United States, or official National Formulary, or any supplement to any of them. See Tennessee Code 39-17-402
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Manufacture: means the production, preparation, propagation, compounding, conversion or processing of a controlled substance, either directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of natural origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, and includes any packaging or repackaging of the substance or labeling or relabeling of its container, except that "manufacture" does not include the preparation or compounding of a controlled substance by an individual for the individual's own use or the preparation, compounding, packaging, or labeling of a controlled substance by:
(A) A practitioner as an incident to administering or dispensing a controlled substance in the course of professional practice. See Tennessee Code 39-17-402
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association or any other legal entity. See Tennessee Code 39-17-402
- Pharmacist: means a licensed pharmacist as defined by the laws of this state, and where the context so requires, the owner of a store or other place of business where controlled substances are compounded or dispensed by a licensed pharmacist. See Tennessee Code 39-17-402
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Property: means anything of value, including, but not limited to, money, real estate, tangible or intangible personal property, including anything severed from land, library material, contract rights, choses-in-action, interests in or claims to wealth, credit, admission or transportation tickets, captured or domestic animals, food and drink, electric or other power. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Wholesaler: means a person who supplies a controlled substance that the person has not produced or prepared, on official written orders, but not on prescriptions. See Tennessee Code 39-17-402