1. Before a hospital refers a patient to an air ambulance service provider or initiates contact with an air ambulance service provider for air transport of the patient, the hospital shall inform the patient, or the patient’s representative, of the air ambulance service provider’s health insurance network status for the purpose of allowing the patient or the patient’s representative to make an informed decision on choosing an air ambulance service provider or form of transportation.
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 23-16-17
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
2. A hospital is presumed in compliance with subsection 1 if the hospital provides the patient, or the patient’s representative, the health insurance network status published by the insurance department under subsection 4.
3. A hospital is exempt from complying with this section if the hospital determines and documents that due to emergency circumstances, compliance might jeopardize the health or safety of the patient.
4. At least quarterly, the insurance department shall publish on the insurance department’s website data regarding the health insurance network status of each air ambulance service provider authorized to operate in the state.