1. The annual meeting of the state fair association must be held as provided in the bylaws of the association. The annual meeting must include election of directors and the transaction of other business of the association. If the election of directors is not held on the day designated for the annual meeting or at an adjournment of the annual meeting, the board of directors shall cause the election to be held at a special meeting as soon thereafter as convenient. The failure to hold the annual meeting at the designated time does not result in a forfeiture or dissolution of the association.
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 4.1-45-03
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- written: include "typewriting" and "typewritten" and "printing" and "printed" except in the case of signatures and when the words are used by way of contrast to typewriting and printing. See North Dakota Code 1-01-37
2. A special meeting may be held upon the call of the president or by order of the board of directors. The president shall call a special meeting upon request by ten percent or more of the association members.
3. The president or board of directors, whichever calls the meeting, may designate any place within the state as the place of an annual or special meeting.
4. At least ten but not more than fifty days before an association meeting, written or printed notice stating the place, day, and hour of any meeting of the association must be delivered to each member entitled to vote at the meeting, personally or by mail or by any form of digital communication directed with verification of receipt to a digital communication address at which the member has consented to receive notice. Delivery of notice must be done by, or at the direction of, the president or the secretary or the officers or persons calling the meeting. For a special meeting, or when required by law or the bylaws, the purpose for which the meeting is called must be stated in the notice. If mailed, the notice of the meeting is deemed to be delivered when deposited in the United States mail, addressed to the member at the member’s address as it appears on the records of the association with prepaid postage.