1. A person may not:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 51-34-02
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Person: means an individual, organization, government, political subdivision, or government agency or instrumentality. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
a. Procure, attempt to procure, solicit, or conspire with another to procure, a telephone record of any resident of this state without the authorization of the customer or by fraudulent, deceptive, or false means;
b. Sell, or attempt to sell, a telephone record of any resident of this state without the customer’s authorization; or
c. Receive a telephone record of any resident of this state when such record has been obtained without the customer’s authorization or by fraudulent, deceptive, or false means.
2. Any person who knowingly violates this section is guilty of a class C felony.
3. In addition to any other punishment, a person found guilty of an offense under this section shall make restitution for any financial loss sustained by the customer or any other person who suffered financial loss as the direct result of the offense.