Subject to section 3710.13 of the Revised Code, the director of environmental protection may deny, suspend, or revoke any license or certificate, or renewal thereof, if the licensee or certificate holder:
Terms Used In Ohio Code 3710.12
- Asbestos: means the asbestiform varieties of serpentine (chrysotile), riebeckite (crocidolite), cummingtonite-grunerite, anthophylite, and actinolite-tremolite as determined using the method specified in 40 C. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- Certificate: means :
(1) A document issued by the director to an individual affirming that the individual has successfully completed the training and other requirements set forth in this chapter to qualify as an asbestos hazard abatement specialist, an asbestos hazard evaluation specialist, an asbestos hazard abatement worker, an asbestos hazard abatement project designer, an asbestos hazard abatement air-monitoring technician, an approved asbestos hazard training provider, or other category of asbestos hazard specialist that the director establishes by rule; or
(2) A document issued by a training institution in accordance with rules adopted by the director affirming that an individual has successfully completed the instruction required in all categories as provided in sections 3710. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- License: means a document issued by the director of environmental protection to a business entity or public entity affirming that the entity has met the requirements set forth in this chapter to engage in asbestos hazard abatement projects as an asbestos hazard abatement contractor. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- United States: includes all the states. See Ohio Code 1.59
(A) Fraudulently or deceptively obtains or attempts to obtain a license or certificate;
(B) Fails at any time to meet the qualifications for a license or certificate;
(C) Is violating or threatening to violate any provisions of any of the following:
(1) This chapter, Chapters 3704. and 3745. of the Revised Code, or the rules of the director adopted pursuant to those chapters, as those chapters and rules pertain to asbestos;
(2) The “National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants” regulations of the United States environmental protection agency as the regulations pertain to asbestos;
(3) The regulations of the United States occupational safety and health administration as the regulations pertain to asbestos;
(4) The regulations adopted by the United States environmental protection agency pursuant to the “Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act,” Title II of the “Federal Toxic Substances Control Act,” 90 Stat. 2003, 15 U.S.C. 2641 et seq. (1986).
Amended by 133rd General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 166, §101.01, eff. 10/17/2019.
Amended by 132nd General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 49, §101.01, eff. 1/1/2018.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Effective Date: 10-08-1992 .