(a) Personal information referred to in § 55-25-104 shall be disclosed for use in connection with matters of motor vehicle or driver safety and theft, motor vehicle emissions, motor vehicle product alterations, recalls, or advisories, performance monitoring of motor vehicles and dealers by motor vehicle manufacturers, and removal of nonowner records from the original owner records of motor vehicle manufacturers to carry out the purposes of the Federal Automobile Information Disclosure Act (15 U.S.C. § 1231 et seq.), the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act (15 U.S.C. § 1901 et seq.), the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966 (15 U.S.C. § 1381 et seq.), the Anti-Car Theft Act of 1992 (15 U.S.C. § 2021 et seq.), and the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. § 7401 et seq.), as amended, and all statutes and agency regulations enacted or adopted pursuant to the authority of, or to attain compliance with, these acts of congress.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 55-25-105
- Driver: means :
(A) For purposes of a conventionally operated vehicle, every person who drives or is in actual physical control of a vehicle. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
- Motor vehicle: means every vehicle, including a low speed vehicle or a medium speed vehicle that is self-propelled, excluding electric scooters, electric bicycles as defined in §. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
- Owner: means a person who holds the legal title of a vehicle, or in the event a vehicle is the subject of an agreement for the conditional sale or lease thereof, with the right of purchase upon performance of the conditions stated in the agreement and with an immediate right of possession vested in the conditional vendee or lessee, or in the event a mortgagor of a vehicle is entitled to possession, then the conditional vendee or lessee or mortgagor shall be deemed the owner for the purpose of this chapter and chapter 10, parts 1-5 of this title. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
- Personal information: means information that identifies a person, including an individual's photograph, or computerized image, social security number, driver identification number, name, address excluding the five-digit zip code, telephone number, and medical or disability information, but does not include information on vehicular accidents, driving or equipment-related violations, and driver license or registration status. See Tennessee Code 55-25-103
- Traffic: means pedestrians, ridden or herded animals, vehicles, streetcars and other conveyances either singly or together while using any highway for purposes of travel. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
- Vehicle: means every device in, upon or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, excepting devices used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
(b) Personal information referred to in § 55-25-104 shall be disclosed for use in connection with matters concerning the federal selective services system.
- Driver: means :