(a) A person commits an offense if the person:
(1) sells or offers to sell citrus budwood, a citrus nursery tree, or citrus nursery stock falsely claiming that it is certified or that it comes from a designated foundation grove or a certified citrus nursery;
(2) uses, for commercial purposes, citrus budwood that is required by department rule to be certified and is not certified or does not come from a designated foundation grove;
(3) sells or offers to sell in the citrus zone citrus nursery stock that has not been propagated in a certified citrus nursery;
(4) operates, in the citrus zone for the propagation of citrus nursery stock, a citrus nursery that is not a certified citrus nursery or that is not in compliance with this chapter or a rule adopted under this chapter;
(5) operates, outside of the citrus zone for the propagation of citrus nursery stock for sale in the citrus zone, a citrus nursery that is not a certified citrus nursery or that is not in compliance with this chapter or a rule adopted under this chapter; or
(6) fails to comply with an order of the department issued under this chapter.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor.
Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code 19.012
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005