Terms Used In Texas Business and Commerce Code 604A.001
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
In this chapter:
(1) “Cardholder” means the person named on the face of a debit or stored value card to whom or for whose benefit the card is issued.
(1-a) “Credit card” has the meaning assigned by Section 502.001.
(2) “Debit card” has the meaning assigned by Section 502.001.
(3) “Merchant” means a person in the business of selling or leasing goods or services.
(4) “Stored value card” has the meaning assigned by Section 604.001(1), but does not include the meaning assigned by Section 604.001(2).
(5) “Surcharge” means an increase in the price charged for goods or services imposed on a buyer who pays with a credit, debit, or stored value card that is not imposed on a buyer who pays by other means. The term does not include a discounted price charged for goods or services to a buyer who pays with cash.