Texas Business and Commerce Code Chapter 273 – Law or Forum Applicable to Certain Contracts for Disposition of Goods
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 273.001||Contracts Subject to Chapter|
|§ 273.002||Notice of Applicable Law or Forum|
|§ 273.003||Failure to Provide Notice|
Terms Used In Texas Business and Commerce Code Chapter 273 - Law or Forum Applicable to Certain Contracts for Disposition of Goods
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.