|§ 49.32||Consent to Postmortem Examination or Autopsy|
|§ 49.33||Persons Authorized to Consent to Postmortem Examination or Autopsy|
|§ 49.34||Postmortem Examination or Autopsy Consent Form|
|§ 49.35||Right to Nonaffiliated Physician|
Terms Used In Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Chapter 49 > Subchapter C - Informed Consent for Postmortem Examination or Autopsy
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Justice: when applied to a magistrate, means justice of the peace. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Population: means the population shown by the most recent federal decennial census. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- United States: includes a department, bureau, or other agency of the United States of America. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Written: includes any representation of words, letters, symbols, or figures. See Texas Government Code 311.005