|Chapter 51||Family Violence Centers||51.001 – 51.012|
|Chapter 52||Information Relating to School Age Pregnancy||52.001|
|Chapter 53||Preventive Services for Veterans and Military Families||53.001 – 53.002|
Terms Used In Texas Human Resources Code > Title 2 > Subtitle E
- Affiliate: means a person who controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with another person. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Associate: when used to indicate a relationship with a person, means:
(A) a domestic or foreign entity or organization for which the person:
(i) is an officer or governing person; or
(ii) beneficially owns, directly or indirectly, either individually or through an affiliate, 10 percent or more of a class of voting ownership interests or similar securities of the entity or organization;
(B) a trust or estate in which the person has a substantial beneficial interest or for which the person serves as trustee or in a similar fiduciary capacity;
(C) the person's spouse or a relative of the person related by consanguinity or affinity who resides with the person; or
(D) a governing person or an affiliate or officer of the person. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Business: means a trade, occupation, profession, or other commercial activity. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Case law: The law as laid down in cases that have been decided in the decisions of the courts.
- Certificate of formation: means :
(A) the document required to be filed with the filing officer under Chapter Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Circumstantial evidence: All evidence except eyewitness testimony.
- Close corporation: means a for-profit corporation that elects to be governed as a close corporation in accordance with Subchapter O, Chapter Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Corporation: means an entity governed as a corporation under Title 2 or 7. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Director: means an individual who serves on the board of directors of a foreign or domestic corporation. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Domestic: means , with respect to an entity, that the entity is formed under this code or the entity's internal affairs are governed by this code. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Law: means , unless the context requires otherwise, both statutory and common law. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Oral argument: An opportunity for lawyers to summarize their position before the court and also to answer the judges' questions.
- Person: means an individual or a corporation, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, trust, association, or other organization, estate, government or governmental subdivision or agency, or other legal entity, or a series of a domestic limited liability company or foreign entity. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Secretary: means the:
(A) individual designated as secretary of an entity under the entity's governing documents; or
(B) officer or committee of persons authorized to perform the functions of secretary of an entity without regard to the designated name of the officer or committee. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Share: means a unit into which the ownership interest in a for-profit corporation, professional corporation, real estate investment trust, or professional association is divided, regardless of whether the share is certificated or uncertificated. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.
- Subsidiary: means an organization for which another organization, either directly or indirectly through or with one or more of its other subsidiaries:
(A) owns at least 50 percent of the outstanding ownership or membership interests of the organization; or
(B) possesses at least 50 percent of the voting power of the owners or members of the organization. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- written: means an expression of words, letters, characters, numbers, symbols, figures, or other textual information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium that is retrievable in a perceivable form. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002