(a) To the extent possible, the costs of operating the museum shall be paid from revenues generated by the museum, but the legislature may appropriate funds for the operation of the museum.
(b) The museum shall solicit and may accept gifts of money or items from individuals and from public or private foundations and organizations.
Terms Used In Texas Government Code 445.011
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
(c) The museum may set and collect fees in amounts necessary to provide for the operation of the museum, including fees for:
(1) admission to exhibits, theaters, programs, and activities;
(2) parking and transportation; and
(3) facility rental.
(d) The museum may sell at prices set by the museum items manufactured or publications printed under contract with the museum.
(e) All net revenue collected by the museum under this chapter, including the net revenue from vending facilities under Section 445.003, shall be credited to the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum fund.
(f) The transactions, funds, and programs of the museum are subject to audit by the state auditor in accordance with Chapter 321.
(g) The museum may establish a membership program.
(h) Notwithstanding other law, for purposes of Subchapter I, Chapter 659:
(1) the museum is considered an eligible charitable organization entitled to participate in a state employee charitable campaign under Subchapter I, Chapter 659; and
(2) a state employee is entitled to authorize a deduction for contributions to the museum, including contributions for museum membership, as a charitable contribution under Section 659.132, and the museum may use the contributions for museum purposes.