|Subchapter A||General Provisions||2008.001 – 2008.003|
|Subchapter B||Procedures for Negotiated Rulemaking||2008.051 – 2008.058|
Terms Used In Texas Government Code Chapter 2008
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Licensed practitioner: includes a sex offender treatment provider who is licensed under Chapter Texas Health and Safety Code 1.005
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- sworn: includes affirm or affirmed. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- United States: includes a department, bureau, or other agency of the United States of America. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Uphold: The decision of an appellate court not to reverse a lower court decision.
- Written: includes any representation of words, letters, symbols, or figures. See Texas Government Code 311.005