Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 265 > Subchapter C – Joint Hospital Controlled by Municipality or County
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 265.021||Ownership and Control Designated|
|§ 265.022||Board of Managers of Hospital Controlled by County|
|§ 265.023||Board of Managers of Hospital Controlled by Municipality|
|§ 265.026||Tuberculosis Control|
Terms Used In Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 265 > Subchapter C - Joint Hospital Controlled by Municipality or County
- Charity: An agency, institution, or organization in existence and operating for the benefit of an indefinite number of persons and conducted for educational, religious, scientific, medical, or other beneficent purposes.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Population: means the population shown by the most recent federal decennial census. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Property: means real and personal property. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- United States: includes a department, bureau, or other agency of the United States of America. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005